Saturday, October 24, 2015

Juventud de la Promesa!

Last night, we decided to go up to Salt Lake, and try to get into the Luz de las Naciones, Juventud de la Promesa, in the conference center. It's been over a year since I've really had to use my Spanish. We managed to get tickets out front, and got decent seats up on the balcony.


What a wonderful feeling it is to be among these faithful saints. I sat next to a woman named Juanita, from Venezuela. The family in front of me looked like they had never been in a Mormon church before. I even saw a couple families who definitely didn't speak Spanish. Each child had their own headset for English translation! No matter who people were, we all came together for a celebration of culture and of the Gospel.

What did I learn this week. I still love the Spanish-speaking people. I love the Gospel. I haven't forgotten my Spanish, and David Archuleta sounds just as good singing in Spanish.

1 comment:

  1. I love going to things like this! It always cool to see that the gospel is true in every language!

    ReplyDelete