This week, I have been so blessed, spiritually and temporally, so lets start off with the spiritual! On Tuesday, I missed ward temple night, but I knew I needed to go. I decided to take a personal trip to the new Payson Temple. First of all, it is fantastically beautiful. This certainly contributed to the feelings I felt inside, but even more than that, were the impressions I got. Ironically, it started in the bathroom. Don't quit reading, I'm serious! For those that don't know, in the temple, we wear white to symbolize purity. Before I went in, I stopped in the nicest bathroom I've ever been in. Looking in the mirror, my clothes looked completely white. I promise it is not due to any special laundry skills that I possess. Instead, I took a moment to think, "Am I as pure and white as these clothes?"
In the Book of Mormon, the Prophet Alma taught,
"I say unto you, ye will know at that day that ye cannot be saved; for there can no man be saved except his garments are washed white; yea, his garments must be purified until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his people from their sins." -Alma 5:21I know this scripture isn't talking about literal clothes. The savior is begging us to use the wonderful gift of the atonement, and that through this gift, we can be completely clean. when we are completely clean, we are worthy to receive greater guidance from the Holy Ghost.
What will I change because of this experience? Every time I take the sacrament, or attend the temple, I must consider, "Am I clean?" If not, fix it.
I love bathroom stories. Good post and thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete